Tuesday 10 January 2012

KURT VILE DOWNBOUND TRAIN



Track Of The Year

KURT VILE - DOWNBOUND TRAIN. So Outta Reach E.P

This song has been played to death in this household, first heard it on Steve Lamacq's roundtable. You dont really hear guitars like this at the moment, its very refreshing. I had reservations of picking a cover for my favourite track, But I had too, the guitars, the whole feel of the song, its stoner, its for seagulls, its Santa Monica whatever that means. The lyrics really got me never really heard them like this before, but of course we must thank Bruce Springsteen for that, but without this cover I'd have been ignornant to a phenonemal story of the struggles of life. ''Now I work at the carwash, But all it ever does is rain''. Its Romantic, Its tough, Its vulnerable, Its a lot louder than it sounds.I could have picked Life's A Beach from the same E.P So Outta Reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment